Maple Nut Granola
• 1 cup almond slivers
• 1 cup large coconut flakes
• 1 cup sunflower seeds
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 6 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, place the almond slivers, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds and pecans.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
Pour the sauce over the bowl of nuts and mix thoroughly.
4. Press the mixture into the pan. It will resemble a large bar recipe. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Allow the granola to cool. Once cooled, break it into pieces and add chocolate chips and/or dried fruit if desired.
Yield: 4 cups
As a side note, I’ve published a new 366 day devotional book entitled Looking Deeper. It’s available in paperback and e-reader. Check it out here.