As I stood in line at the Dollar Store I spied this the other day. How times have changed!
When we were married almost fifty-eight years ago the scenario went like this:
- You got married.
- One day you missed a cycle.
- Soon after you felt sick.
- You went to the doctor.
- They took a urine sample and sent it to a lab.
- The lab injected a rabbit with your urine.
- About two weeks later, if the rabbit died, the doctor congratulated you. You were having a baby.
Now, you go to the Dollar Store. Buy this test for a buck. Take it home and follow the instructions. In three minutes–bam! You know if you’re about to need to buy baby clothes.
I’ll bet a lot of rabbits are happy! What do you think?
My newest book, The Road Home, an account of my husband’s lung cancer and God’s faithfulness to widows, is now available in paperback and eReader on Amazon.com here.