A person a one of the places I visit each week as a chaplain gave me this recently. I don’t know who Karen Serna is, but I think her ideas are very powerful. Let me know what you think.
An Expanded version of the Preamble to the US Constitution as written by Karen Serna
Ps. 11:3 Declares: If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?
Therefore, we the People of the United States in order to form a more perfect Union:
- Restore justice: we release His acts of justice; that the wicked might be ensnared by the work of their hands. We raise the scepter of His justice that His anger might rise up against the rage of our enemies. In His majesty we ride forth victoriously in the cause of truth, humility and justice; we acknowledge that His right hand achieves awesome deeds. We announce that justice will roll on like a river and righteousness like a never-failing stream through our land.
In addition, we the People of the United States in order to form a more perfect union:
- Insure domestic tranquility—so we exclaim to America; be still and know that He is God. We declare that the Prince of Peace governs this nation and her citizens as they live in harmony in the Lord. We will no longer allow disunity to prevail among the generations or the races or be manipulated by deceitful men. May lovingkindness and truth meet together while righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Furthermore, we the People of the United States in order to form a more perfect union:
- Provide for the common defense—for “God alone is our strong fortress; and He sets the blameless in His way. He stretches forth His strong scepter from Zion, saying ‘Rule in the midst of your enemies.’” We call upon the Lord our God, to be the rock, in whom we take refuge, our shield and the horn of our salvation, our stronghold and our refuge; our savior. You save us from violence. God and He alone is our refuge, a tower of strength against our enemies. We will be strong and courageous. We will not tremble or be dismayed for the Lord our God will be with us wherever we go. We say that You are the God in whom we trust to deliver us from darkness.
Moreover, we the People of the United States in order to form a more perfect union:
- Promote the general welfare: We strip the federal government of her usurped responsibility and presumed right to care for the poor, the widow, the foreigner and the orphan. We deprive the federal government of her feigned right to run our businesses, grow our economy, educate our citizens and provide for our physical well-being. Instead we embrace our role as citizens of this nation; and as the church of Jesus Christ, we once again shoulder these Biblical mandates. We agree to the terms of Biblical self-governance and call for America’s citizenry to reject entitlement provided under the fabricated redefinition of our constitution.
And finally, we the People of the United States in order to form a more perfect union:
- Secure the blessings of liberty; We implore You Lord to release a move of the Spirit across this land for where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty. We call upon Divine Providence to release His Word into our land that truth may be restored for where the truth prevails we shall know liberty. We call for the Spirit of God to release a wave of conviction and a revelation of the Father’s heart that we might be emancipated from the slavery of sin.
And we make these declarations for ourselves and our posterity, and do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America as originally intended by its framers that our foundation might be firm and unwavering.
My titles are available on Amazon.com here.
God’s Little Miracle Book is now available in audio at https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/sally-jadlow/1303687606 for iTunes and at Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007F5H0H4