For my gluten-free friends I got this recipe off this neat site called:
http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/ Check her out She’s got some goodies on there.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Yield: 24 cookies
1 cup (256 g) smooth natural peanut butter
4 tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter, chopped
2 1/4 cups (315 g) all-purpose gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 eggs (120 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Place the peanut butter and chopped butter in a small, heat-safe bowl. Place the bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, ensuring that the bowl does not touch the water. Stir occasionally until the peanut butter and butter have melted and are smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and set it aside to cool briefly.
• In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, and granulated sugar, and whisk to combine well. Add the brown sugar, and whisk to combine again, working out any lumps in the brown sugar. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the peanut butter and butter mixture. Mix to combine. Add the eggs, and mix again to combine. The cookie dough will be very thick. Add the chocolate chips, and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
• Divide the dough into two parts, place each on a large sheet of unbleached parchment paper or plastic wrap, and press each half of dough with your hands so that it holds together well. Shape each piece of dough into a cylinder about 1 ½ inches in diameter. Roll the cylinders of dough tightly in the parchment paper or plastic wrap, and cinch the ends. Place in the refrigerator to chill until firm (about 1 hour, or up to overnight).
• Once the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 325°F. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper. Unwrap the cylinders of cookie dough and slice each with a sharp knife into about 12 pieces. Place the disks of dough about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
• Place the baking sheets, one at a time, in the center of the preheated oven and bake until set and lightly golden brown all over (about 15 minutes). Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet or until firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.