Every fall our family has a pumpkin party. We take a hayride into the pumpkin patch my husband planted and gather the bounty. For years I cut the pumpkins in half, scraped out the seeds and put them face-down on the cookie sheet in the oven to bake in order to make the most delicious puree for pies or muffins. I found an easier way online this year. Sooooo much easier!
How to Make Pumpkin Puree, the Easy Way.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put the whole pumpkin in oven
3. Bake 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the size of your pumpkin
4. It’s done when the tip of your knife sticks into the skin a little ways (The skin will still be tough-it’s not going to turn into a baked potato!)
5. Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool
6. Optional: To speed cooling, remove top of pumpkin to let the steam escape, but be careful, it’s hot!
7. Once cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks removing stringy stuff and seeds
8. Run pumpkin chunks through food processor or blender