When I went to an author meeting recently, someone brought a sack of Brownie Brittle. One bite and I was sold, so I looked up online and found this recipe. It’s a crunchy, flat brownie. Yum!
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 large egg white
• generous 1/3 cup flour,
• 3 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• A few dashes of salt
• 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper (only those two ways or it will stick). If using parchment paper, lightly spray the surface with baking spray.
2. In your mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and vanilla and mix until incorporates. Add in egg white and blend well.
3. Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix for about 1 minute or until the batter is smooth.
4. Spread batter over your mat/parchment paper using a spatula. You want it thin, but not transparent. An area of about 11 x 8 works well.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, remove brittle from the oven and quickly sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips. Return to the oven for an additional 7-10 minutes (total cooking time 22-25 minutes), remove from oven and cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools. As it begins to cool, you can score or cut brownie brittle into pieces or you can simply break it apart once it is completely cool. Store in an airtight container.
To see my books visit here.
To view my other blog visit here.
One thought on “Brownie Brittle”
Thanks for sharing!!!