I marvel at what God does when we wait on Him in prayer. When we listen to His heart and then pray His desires, we see mighty things happen beyond what we could ever dream or expect.
In late February and early March this year, the Lord began to urge me to pray for Him to “reveal hidden things.”
When I look back over the last three months, I am overwhelmed at what God has revealed which was hidden before. It seems every day a new scenario is now out in public view.
To list a few:
1. The news that our government is collecting data on our phones and the Justice Department seizing Associated Press phone records,
2. the attempt of the administration to cover up the Benghazi massacre,
3. the targeting of the IRS against Tea Party groups, and their subsequent 5th Amendment pleas,
4. mismanagement of funds by the IRS,
5. the Supreme Court legislating from the bench in overturning the majority votes of seven million California voters,
6. the government’s manipulation of the timing of certain aspects of the health care bill to put the hardest bite on employers until after the next election,
7. and the news media’s attempt to only parrot one side of the issue or sweep everything under the rug, unnoticed.
All these things show us what the true state of our out-of-whack Godless living has produced.
Some wring their hands and complain or cower in fear. I am grateful for the Lord’s revealing. You can’t ask God to fix something you don’t realize is broken.
He gives us many promises in the Bible. One that comes to mind is when Solomon dedicates the temple in Jerusalem just after its completion. God has recorded it for us in II Chronicles 6. Solomon, led by the Holy Spirit, kneels to pray at the temple in front of all the people. In that prayer he covers all the bases with a series of “Ifs” asking God to intervene when people pray.
The “Ifs” cover everything from sinning against a neighbor, to famine, pestilence from grasshoppers, a deluge from enemies, and sickness.
He asks God to hear and forgive so that we may fear (reverence) Him and walk in His ways as long as we live (2 Chronicles 6:30-31).
That evening after Solomon prayed, the Lord appeared to him. That night is recorded in 2 Chronicles 7:12-14 (NASB). God said to Solomon, “If . . . My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
So if we do four things:
Seek His face
Turn from our wicked ways.
Then God will do three things:
Hear from heaven
Forgive our sin
Heal our land.
It’s up to us who call ourselves by the true and living God’s name. Will we pray so that He may answer?
(To read instances of how God answers when people pray, read the three-book series God’s Little Miracle Book available at Amazon.com in paperback and e-reader.)