In Matthew 24 Jesus instructs His disciples to recognize the sign of His coming and the end of the age. Jesus listed the early birth pangs:
- False Christs that mislead many.
- Wars and rumors of wars.
- Nations, (which in the original language is “ethnos” which means a race, a nation), and kingdoms against kingdom.
- Tribulation of persecution, killing, and hatred of all nations because we are called by His name.
- This is a time of great desertion with one person turning over another to authorities, and hatred.
- Also Jesus says there will be false prophets who will mislead many.
- Many people’s love will grow cold. Jesus promises that those who endure to the end will be saved.
When the gospel has been preached to the whole world, then the end will come. Jesus speaks of great tribulation and then the end shall come. He says those days will be cut short for the sake of believers.
He says, “Look. I have told you in advance. Don’t fall for people claiming to be Christ.” Jesus is coming like He left. In the sky. (See Acts 1:9-11). http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Act&c=1&v=9&t=NASB#9
Jesus goes on to say immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will no longer give light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavens will be shaken. THEN we will see the Son of Man (Jesus) come on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. THEN He will send His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather His believers from the whole earth together to Himself.
Does Jesus count you among those believers? If not, pray, “Lord Jesus. I receive You into my heart and life. Please forgive my sins. Cleanse me from all that grieves Your heart. Make me ready to meet You in the sky when You come. Thank You, Lord Jesus for saving me.”
Now live out that commitment by trusting Him every day to walk the blameless path He has set before you. Read the Bible to know Him better and love Him more. Talk to Him often and listen for His instructions.